Our mission is to create an online film festival with the best independent short films worldwide and this makes our selection process quite tough. But in order for your film to be selected, it’s quite simple: your film must be awesome. That’s about it.
If your film is accepted, it will be featured on our website and you are welcome to use our laurels for your film. We will also announce it on our Instagram channel and there is the possibility that it will be included in our newsletter.
The community is continuously growing. To help cover the ongoing costs of maintaining the platform, we charge a submission fee of $20 (USD).
Before you publish your film, please consider
- Whether created years ago or just newly rendered is not important.
- We demand that all films have all the necessary rights (for publication), including music, in order for us to present them on our platform. We assume no responsibility for published films on the platform.
- We only publish films which are free for audiences.
- Unfortunately we cannot refund a submission fee after you have submitted your film and there is no guarantee that your work will be shown on our platform.
We would like to avoid
As the presented films are as diverse as our audience, there is no rule of thumb on Retrospective of Jupiter. However, we would like to point out the following does not match our basic concept:
- Commercial pieces or purely promotional films (Branded films excluded)
- Timelapse or travel photography films
- Comedy sketches based on a single punchline
Where should I upload my film before submitting?
We prefer films which are uploaded on Vimeo or YouTube. If your film is not yet released, you can put it on YouTube – unpublished and only accessible via link (setting it to unlisted).